Friday, March 14, 2008

New Fee Schedule

I am thinking of revising my private practice fee schedule. In addition to my usual rates for new evaluations, hour and half-hour follow-ups, cancellations, and no-shows, I may add a special fee for "If you run out of my office manic and psychotic and I have to chase you down three flights of stairs and across two city blocks, including pausing and pretending I don't know you for a minute while you try to buy cigarettes off strangers, and then coax you back to the office before you get yourself into serious trouble."

Because really, I should have been paid a bit extra for that. Don't you think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, think if they had paid extra for that at Green Acres...

3/15/08, 5:06 AM  
Blogger Weeble said...

That sounds like hazard pay. Definitely add that in.

3/15/08, 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... however it could be part of your HMO health club benefits?

3/16/08, 11:46 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hear, hear. :) I'm a law student having my very first client counseling experiences at the poverty law clinic associated with my school. Based on my very limited experience, I would like to propose an additional fee for when I interview you twice for an hour and a half each time, you give me a very long and robust story of what really happened, and then you say something completely different as soon as we arrive at your pre-trial conference/hearing at the landlord tenant board/meeting with the refugee claims office. Or maybe *I* should be paying extra, like I could have a sucker jar in my office where I drop five bucks every time I'm proven to be insanely naive. It could be a vacation fund...

3/16/08, 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home