Thursday, January 24, 2008

Eerie

Okay, it might just be me. It's probably just me. But does anyone else see the striking resemblance between the S&P 500's plot for the past 12 years and the face of a cat? I mean, this would explain a lot. The markets have been absurdly volatile over this span. No one understands it. Everyone's trying to make sense of it. Maybe there is a message being drawn out for us? I will ask Stanley.


(P.S. I've added a few extra lines to the graph, just to help any readers with dim imaginations see what is obvious to most of us.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

remind me: how is this NOT a cat blog?

1/24/08, 12:54 PM  
Blogger Turbo said...

This post was NOT a cat post. This was a post about national financial markets and their trends. It incidental (though, I admit, peculiar) that the graph looks like a cat. Or are you saying you don't see a cat? What *do* you see?

I am thinking of developing this into a new projective psychological test. It will be like the Rorschach, only looking at stock market graphs instead of inkblots. I will call it the Turboschach TM. Stay tuned for my first sample.

1/24/08, 3:07 PM  
Blogger NeoNurseChic said...

Tony thought it so coincidental that he was sitting on my lap and started tapping on the laptop at the same time, trying to chime in on his agreement.

Crazy nutter cat always trying to use the computer like a human! ;)

Take care,
Carrie :)

1/24/08, 8:43 PM  
Blogger Weeble said...

Brilliant. Now can I use this observation to predict where the market will be in the next few months? Money making opportunity?

1/24/08, 11:22 PM  
Blogger Claire Colvin said...

Based on this graph, I'd say the safe money is in catnip futures.

1/28/08, 4:23 PM  
Blogger Rossweisse said...

So, what did your very own cat, Stanley, think? BTW, congrats to both you gents for having the good sense to adopt each other.

2/1/08, 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm linking this post to The Last Psychiatrist's blog. He has a theory about CNBC and the stock market. This should thoroughly befuddle him. Thanks. :)

10/1/08, 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home